Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change root page to other language

Vote:

My rootPage (id == 1) is in english 'en'. We are using Commerce and two letters languages are not allowed. We created and enabled 'en-GB' and we see our StartPage in this language.

The problem is, that after disabling 'en', the whole page tree disappears (cause root was only with 'en' language).

Any ideas how can I change a langauge of root? 

Thanks

Aug 09, 2013 16:26
Vote:

Is it not possible to change the language id of root page in the database?

Aug 12, 2013 22:49
Vote:

I'm thinking along the same lines as Alf... Just update it in the database if you really need to change it...

Is disabling the 'en' language really needed in this case? Couldn't you just make it not available in the Root Page language settings?

Aug 13, 2013 5:11
Vote:

Try to update language branches in following tables for records having ContentID = 1 (in your case) and appropriate language branch (investigate tblLanguageBranch, use pkId to filter data in following tables):

tblContent, tblContentProperty, tblContentLanguage, tblWorkContent

Don't forget to make Backup for DB first!! and restart site (IIS) after update.

Edited, Aug 27, 2013 16:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.