Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Could not load file or assembly 'SiteAttentionModule' or one of its dependencies

Vote:

We keep getting  this message when trying to run one of our CMS 7 websites

Could not load file or assembly 'SiteAttentionModule' or one of its dependencies.

As far as I know the website does not use Site Attention, so which config setting or other DLL is dependent on SiteAttentionModule.dll ?

Is there some way of telling?

Is there some steps to remove the Site Attention Module that may have been missed at some point in the past - i.e. it wasn't fully/properly removed?

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2014 15:02
Vote:

Hi David,

I don't know what environment you have, so these are some suggestions:

• Because you are in developing mode, not production, it is highly recommend to turn off the optimizeCompilations.
  • Please open web.config of your site, turn optimizeCompilations to false  (<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" optimizeCompilations="false" debug="false" targetFramework="4.5.1"> )
  • We will not have risk with DLL cache, compilation cache issues ...

Please check you project file, are there any reference to SiteAttention DLLs?

In order to manually remove AddOn (module) in 7.5, you should clean these things:

• SiteAttention DLLs in wwwroot/modulesbin and wwwroot/bin (if someone accidently copy them to the bin folder)
  • SiteAttention is protected module, so please go to appdata/Modules
    • delete SiteAttentionModule folder
    • delete one line in packages.config
  • Delete SiteAttention folder in appdata/ModulesRepository
  • Delete SiteAttention nupkg file in appdata/TemporaryRepository

Bonus: restart website or your development IIS to make sure nothing is cached.

Hope this help.
T.

Nov 28, 2014 9:37
Vote:

Hi THACH,

Thank you for your help.

I think the Site Attention module was in some way linked to CMO, but I'm not sure.

Oh the joys of finding all the places that EPiServer squirels away parts of the application so they can jump out and bite you later.

DT

Nov 28, 2014 12:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.