Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Vote:

Is it possible to log incorrect logins to EPiServer (eg write username and IP-adress to a database table) on the page /util/login.aspx?

Jun 17, 2014 10:20
Vote:

Don't think so out of the box (correct me if I'm wrong...). 

The sweetest solution I think is to inherit the membership provider and add this functionality to validate validate user method. Change web.config under membership to use your improved provider...

Another way is of course to make a custom login page. Also pretty easy to do and add logging there...

Jun 17, 2014 10:35
Vote:

Thank you Daniel, that's what I suspected.

I think I will create a custom login page and hide the util/login.aspx-page so I have full control of what happens in the login functionality.

Jun 17, 2014 13:42
Vote:

If you just need to log failures, overriding membership would be best choice. If you need to customize look and feel of the login page, etc -> then of course new page is needed.

Jun 17, 2014 22:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.