Error when implementing ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider

Vote:

Hi I have configured the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider and ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider as is stated in:

http://world.episerver.com/en/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2-SP2/Configuring-EPiServer-CMS-5-to-Use-Active-Directory-Membership-Provider/

When I log in I get the following error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Provider must implement the class 'System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider'.

--------------------------------------------------------

My web.config looks like this:

<add name="ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ActiveDirectoryProviderConnection"

connectionUsername="xxx"

connectionPassword="xxx"

enableSearchMethods="true"

attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" />

<add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider"

type="EPiServer.Security.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider, EPiServer"

connectionStringName="ActiveDirectoryProviderConnection"

connectionUsername="xxx"

connectionPassword="xxx"

attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" />

--------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas of why the error occurs? Thanks

Jul 31, 2009 16:15
Vote:

Make sure that the ActiveDirectory_ROLE_Provider is placed under the section <roleManager> and not in the <membership> section,

/johan

Aug 03, 2009 1:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.