Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cache with a lifetime

Vote:

Hi!
I want to cache an object for 1 hour and I want to use EPiServer's CacheManager, but I read in this blog post, http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Mattias-Lovstrom/Dates/2010/7/Caching-object-EPiServer-is-easier-then-you-probably-think/, that I should never use the RuntimeCache (if i'm not absolutely sure that I want to use the local cache). I have't worked with caching so much before so I'm a bit confused if this is the right time to use RuntimeCache or not since CacheManager.Add() doesn't take expiration as a parameter.

Thanks for all help on the subject!

Sep 30, 2010 16:51
Vote:

I have commented on that blog post. You might want to check it out (and any answer from Mattias) :-)

Sep 30, 2010 17:24
Vote:

Thank you, Steve! It didn't cross my mind to actually look what CacheManager.Add() was doing. :)

Oct 01, 2010 16:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.