Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageObjects ?

Vote:

Hi,

I've tried this:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Paul-Smith/Dates1/2010/1/Saving-Page-Objects/

But something goes wrong for me ...

I get an error message stating something like: "Invalid name format for storeName. Only characters a-z, 0-9, '.', and '_' are allowed for security reasons. "  ... and so on ...

But when I just add a string to the PageData.PageObjects, like:
pd.PageObjects["MyKey"] = "my string";

... it seems to work as it should ?

( my class is implements : EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.IDynamicData )

Thanks !

Jan 08, 2010 15:40
Vote:

Hi Riachard,

What is the fullname (namespace + class name) of the type your are trying to save. This is used to generate the store name.

Regards

Paul.

Jan 11, 2010 9:53
Vote:

Hi,

Yes, my problem was that I was lazy and just declared this class as a public class in a no-code-behind page (a class in a class)

A response write of an instance on a Person (ToString) object gives me

ASP.templates_public_pages_ratestpage1_aspx+Person
Contains a '+', witch is forbidden, regarding to the error message ;-)

Now it works as it should

Thanks !

BR / Richard

Jan 13, 2010 15:32
Vote:

I get this when I try to save a PropertyBag using PageObjectManager. Is that not allowed? The exception message is:

Invalid name format for storeName. Only characters a-z, 0-9, '.', and '_' are allowed for security reasons. Name:storeName, value PageObject.CommentStatus.f794edf7-fa14-463f-881c-02839545180f.

Apr 08, 2010 8:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.