Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE missing on EPiServer CMS 6

Vote:

Hi Guys,

It seems that TinyMCE isn't showing on the admin side any more after upgrading our EPiServer CMS 6 site from RC1 to 6.0. It is now using the CMS5 style editor which only works in IE.

Any ideas?

Mar 24, 2010 11:07
Vote:

Check in web.config, you can change it there. Don't know where though.

Mar 24, 2010 11:19
Vote:

I think its said that when upgrading a site to CMS 6 the old editor should be default but when making a new installation the tinyMCE editor is default.. It might be that since you are upgrading (even from RC1) it setts old editor as default.

And you you can change it in web.config. Search for PropertyControlClassFactory and if you have a LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl you should either change this to PropertyXhtmlStringControl or add a row with this option (to be able to switch between the editors). The default editor will be the one that is first in web.config. If no property is set the default will be TinyMCE.

Mar 24, 2010 11:33
Vote:

Thanks Johan, that did the job.

My web.config had this after upgrading...

<add type="EPiServer.Core.PropertyControlClassFactory, EPiServer" id="PropertyControlFactory">
        <!-- Uncomment the following two lines to get legacy editor in edit mode for PropertyXhtmlString and PropertyLongString-->
        <!--<register type="EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />
        <register type="EPiServer.Core.PropertyLongString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />-->
        <register type="EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />
        <register type="EPiServer.Core.PropertyLongString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />

</add>

I've now changed it to this

<add type="EPiServer.Core.PropertyControlClassFactory, EPiServer" id="PropertyControlFactory">

<register type="EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.PropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />
        <register type="EPiServer.Core.PropertyLongString, EPiServer" mappedType="EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.PropertyXhtmlStringControl, EPiServer" />

</add>

Mar 24, 2010 11:45
Vote:

This post was very useful thanks

MJ

Jul 18, 2011 18:35
Vote:

Thanks a lot! This post saved me a lot of time.

Jul 18, 2012 11:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.