Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring 'Check System' error


I'm setting up mirroring for the first time in a test environment.  I have 2 servers with a fresh installation of R2 and the Alloy Technologies web site on each.

I've set up a Channel on the source server pointing to the uri of theMirroringTransferServer.svc on the target server.  When I click the 'Check System' button I see the following error

Failed to check system,
the reason is
Error executing task "VMBLive1": The Dynamic Content control
type MapDynamicContentDemo could not be loaded. Check the <dynamicContent>
section in web.config. ()
There is no <dynamicContent> section in either of my web.configs.  What do I do now?
Aug 23, 2011 8:54

I overcame my problem by copying the Dynamic Content dlls from webroot\bin to webroot\MirroringService bin.  Not very elegant but it works.  I followed this blog post and I have mirroring working with a Staging server and 2 x Live servers sharing a single Live database.

Next problem - to make this work with each live site having a dedicated live database.  Any thoughts?

Aug 25, 2011 10:41


It should be fairly easy to setup this up (although I haven't tried it yet). You need to install mirroring services on all of three servers, staging and 2 live servers. Then create two channels at staging server pointing to live servers one each. Hope this helps.


Aug 26, 2011 10:19

Thanks Shahid.  I was thinking along the same lines though I run into problems adding a second endpoint in the <client> section of the staging mirroring service web.config

Aug 26, 2011 12:03

Without seeing the config files and error message, it's hard to suggest anything :( Could you please paste the error message and staging web.conifg here if possible. Otherwise raise a ticket with developer support. ( and will continue from that. 

Aug 26, 2011 12:38

I had the same problem with <dynamicContent> after updating the Alloy Tech sample with a new assembly name.  I found <dynamicContent> in the episerver.config file and, after updating the assembly reference with the new assembly name, the problem was resolved.  

Mar 21, 2012 18:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.