Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

FTS Timeout / No results shown

Vote:

I'm having an issue after moving my site into the live environment. When it was in development, I coded an FTS handler to display search results. I had no problems getting the results until moving to a new server.

My index service is working, I can reindex my site and verify the files are being created. I'm not sure how to further test this to see why I'm not getting any results.

No matter what term I search on, the page loads for a long time, and I either get a 500 internal server err - timeout, or I get my results page with no rows.

Does anybody have a clue as to what could be wrong? I followed the directions in the FTS setup page and haven't changed any settings from my development environment except for the path the index files are stored. I verified they are displaying there so that part appears to be working.

Nov 16, 2012 17:45
Vote:

nobody has any input on this?

Nov 26, 2012 15:17
Vote:

Do you get anything of interest if you enable logging in your log4net config?

Nov 26, 2012 15:59
Vote:

You haven't left in something hard coded to the test server?

Nov 26, 2012 18:18
Vote:

I'm not sure if my logging is working correctly, I have my EPiServerLog.config pointing to EPiServerErrorLog.txt as the log path, but nothing ever gets written to the file.

Nov 27, 2012 16:25
Vote:

What log level is set in the configuration?

Nov 27, 2012 17:17
Vote:

I believe another possibility would be if something that has no config file name specified was first to init log4net, in which case you may want to stick something like this in web.config:

<appSettings>
<add key="log4net.Config" value="episerverlog.config" />
</appSettings>

Nov 27, 2012 17:45
Vote:

I have that exact line in my web.config, and it's not writing to the file at all. I tried using a .config and a .txt file as the value, and it's not writing.

Nov 27, 2012 19:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.