Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Recommendation, disable clear cache in clustered environment

Vote:

Current solution I'm working with there is a scheduled job to synchronize (create, update & delete) pages in different part of epi tree. As I know when a page is updated there will result in a "clear all cache". Lets say there is an updation for 1000 pages there will be lot of "clear all cache"-events and current site will not be optimized during current job is running because of the cache is cleared a lot of times.

I have read on "epiwiki.se" that you could disable clear cache in clustered environment by setting: CacheManager.ClearCacheOnLoadBalanceEventMissed = false;

If I set "CacheManager.ClearCacheOnLoadBalanceEventMissed = false;" when my scheduled job starts will this be propagated to all servers in clusterd environment or do I have to set this programmaticly on all servers by listening on some event? 

Does anyone have any recommendation how to solve this i.e not to clear cache for all pages during scheduled work is running but only when current scheduled job has finished i.e once and not 1000 times? 

Thanks in advance!

Feb 10, 2013 20:01
Vote:

CMS never triggers "clear all cache" events unless there is an error that an event was missed, which is controlled by CacheManager.ClearCacheOnLoadBalanceEventMissed.

If your case events will be triggered for individual pages only.

Feb 11, 2013 11:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.