Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search in edit mode not functional.

Vote:

Hi,

I've encountered a rather strange issue, even more strange is that it only happens in production. (local and test environments works as intended)

When I click the search icon in Edit mode, nothing happens, and more peculiar is the fact that the whole:

<div id="epi-searchContainer" style="diplay: none;">

<div id="epiSearch" class="epi-search">

bla bla bla

</div>

</div>

is missing inside the epi-globalNavigationContainer. :-/

Now errors are shown in console, but something wierd is happening.

Any suggestions?

BR, Henric

May 08, 2014 10:26
Vote:

Hi!

The epi-searchContainer div is added with js when you click the magnifying-glass button the first time. Afterwards it toggels with display: none/block.

Are all of the EPi scripts loaded?

//Mathias

May 08, 2014 11:03
Vote:

Which scripts should I be looking for?
Sicne no errors occur in console.

/ Henric

May 08, 2014 11:14
Vote:

Hm, I think it's handled by /UI/Shell/ClientResources/ShellWidgets.js

//Mathias

May 08, 2014 12:27
Vote:

Yupp, that specific Script is loaded as usual.

However, adding breakpoints show that epi.search = function() { etc. is never even triggered. Why, on the other hand, I have no clue.

Some kind of lead, is that it stopped working after upgrade to .NET Framework 4.5.

/ Henric

May 08, 2014 15:43
Vote:

I got an error log saying:

CompositionException
            The composition produced a single composition error.
            The root cause is provided below.
            Review the CompositionException.
            Errors property for more detailed information.

1) The Type 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProviderSetting' needs to be remapped in the Dynamic Data Store, see the Errors collection for more information.
            Remapping can be done by applying the EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDataStoreAttribute attribute to the type,
            setting its AutomaticallyRemapStore property to true and ensuring the <episerver.dataStore><dataStore> autoRemapStores attribute in web.config is set to true (or is not defined).
            Alternatively call the Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet from Powershell.
            Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of type 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager'.
            Resulting in: Cannot activate part 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager'.

Element: EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager
            --> EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager
            --> AssemblyCatalog (Assembly="EPiServer.Shell.UI, Version=6.2.267.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7")
            Resulting in: Cannot get export 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager (ContractName="EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager")' from part 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager'.

Element: EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager (ContractName="EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager")
            --> EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager
            --> AssemblyCatalog (Assembly="EPiServer.Shell.UI, Version=6.2.267.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7")
            Resulting in: Cannot set import 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Controllers.SearchController.Manager (ContractName="EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager")' on part 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Controllers.SearchController'.

Element: EPiServer.Shell.UI.Controllers.SearchController.Manager (ContractName="EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProvidersManager")
            --> EPiServer.Shell.UI.Controllers.SearchController at System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionResult.ThrowOnErrors(AtomicComposition atomicComposition)
            at System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionResult.ThrowOnErrors()
            at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ImportEngine.SatisfyImportsOnce(ComposablePart part)
            at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer.SatisfyImportsOnce(ComposablePart part)
            at System.ComponentModel.Composition.AttributedModelServices.SatisfyImportsOnce(ICompositionService compositionService, Object attributedPart)
            at EPiServer.Shell.Composition.ContainerWrapper.SatisfyImportsOnce(Object attributedPart)
            at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName)
            at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext)
            at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
            at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
            at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

URL/shell/Search/Index/?searchArea=CMS

I tried setting autoRemapStores to true in web.config, but I still get error for URL/shell/Search/Index/?searchArea=CMS

Any clues?

BR, Henric

May 09, 2014 11:44
Vote:

Hm, did you also try the Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet in PowerShell as admin? Do you get any exception from that?

//Mathias

May 09, 2014 15:51
Vote:

This issue has been resolved after consulting EPiServer support.

The solution was to re-map the SearchProviderSetting by removing the current mappings in db by running:
delete from tblBigTableStoreInfo where StoreName = 'EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.SearchProviderSetting'

When this was re-mapped, the search started to work again. :)

May 14, 2014 10:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.