Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Examplecode for replacing the editor with FCKEditor

Vote:

Hi Where can I find example code for replacing the editor with FCKEditor or any other. Best regards Andreas Selling
Jul 23, 2007 10:13
Vote:

Hi Andreas, What you want to achieve is not an easy task, and we don't have yet any documentation on how to do it. Regards
Jul 25, 2007 16:10
Vote:

I'm a pretty good coder and have done this before but with other publishing tools. Could you give me a hint on wich files I need to change? Is it possible without any documentation when most of the adminarea is compiled code?
Jul 26, 2007 1:20
Vote:

Hi, In CMS, you can provide your own "viewer" for a certain property. So instead of using EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.PlropertyLongStringControl, you can implement your own control, but then you will have to implement by yourself the Link functionality in your new editor. Regards
Jul 26, 2007 16:17
Vote:

Hi, We will release some sample code where we will use FCKEditor in the same timeframe as the final release of EPiServer CMS (v5). In that sample we have replaced some of the dialogs in FCKEditor with EPiServer specific dialogs instead e.g. the file browser, image tool and attach document. It is done by using the new model of Property Controls and Control Adapters which will replace the old Custom Property Type which was part of EPiServer 4.61. Kind regards, Mats Hellström
Jul 27, 2007 9:38
Vote:

Hi We now have such a sample avaliable on our knowledge center. The address to that sample is: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Download2/Code-Samples/2646/Editor-for-non-IE-browsers/
Aug 21, 2007 14:26
Vote:

Does any one know that the EPiServer's Editor does not support Font Sizes like 9, 11,13..... Is there any solution for the same. Shruti
Aug 21, 2007 16:15
Vote:

A client recently asked us to help them construct a new custom property in their existing EPiServer 4-based site.  I've successfully constructed a basic custom property, inheriting from the LongString property, but can't figure out how to save the value in the editing interface based to the repository.  The editing interface consists of a custom composite .NET web control that outputs XML.  I'd like to persist the value from this control as the value for the property.

All of the examples I've seen are for either v5 or v6, but not for v4.  It's not clear what needs to be overriden for a v4 property.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 26, 2010 20:47
Vote:

A client recently asked us to help them construct a new custom property in their existing EPiServer 4-based site.  I've successfully constructed a basic custom property, inheriting from the LongString property, but can't figure out how to save the value in the editing interface based to the repository.  The editing interface consists of a custom composite .NET web control that outputs XML.  I'd like to persist the value from this control as the value for the property.

All of the examples I've seen are for either v5 or v6, but not for v4.  It's not clear what needs to be overriden for a v4 property.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 26, 2010 20:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.