Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS 5 R2 CTP

Vote:

We have released the EPiServer CMS 5 R2 CTP (Community Technical Preview) to a selected audience. This Forum topic will serve as the Technical Support area until the Release Candidate 1 is available.

Any feedback, comments or support issues can be posted here.

Best Regards
Pelle Niklasson

Jun 18, 2008 11:35
Vote:

Jun 24, 2008 11:11
Vote:

When click on "Register Web Parts" and then "Install Web Part" under Tool Settings in Admin I get the following error, I did not have the EPiServer.Webparts dll in my Bin folder.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.WebParts' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Codebehind="WebPartAdminEdit.aspx.cs" Inherits="EPiServer.WebParts.UI.Admin.WebPartAdminEdit" MasterPageFile="../MasterPages/EPiServerUI.Master" %> Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="webparts" Namespace="EPiServer.WebParts.WebControls.Wsrp" Assembly="EPiServer.WebParts" %> Line 3:   Line 4:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainRegion">

Source File: /EPiUI/admin/WebPartAdminEdit.aspx    Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'EPiServer.WebParts' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1434; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1434

Edited, Jun 24, 2008 11:46
Vote:

Thanks, we'll look into it.
Jun 24, 2008 15:13
Vote:

Hi all,

I just tried to install the CTP through the link available here, but the installation package doesn't seem to be available yet. Is the R2 CTP supposed to appear in the list of online installations when using the latest EPiServer Manager?

http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/Version-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2-CTP/

Thanks,
Christoffer

Jun 30, 2008 9:24
Vote:

It requires a EPiServer Developer Licence to select a CTP version in EPiServer CMS Manager. You cannot use a demo license right now. If you don't have one go here: http://license.ep.se/public/OrderDeveloperLicense.aspx

Jul 01, 2008 9:41
Vote:

Jul 01, 2008 9:57
Vote:

Hi!

Will it be possible to patch, upgrade or migrate to future releases of CMS 5.2 (RC1 and so on) ?

This is probably of topic, but:

We're starting to develop an intranet for a new, very large customer, running Windows Server 2008 today, and we're currently discussing whether to begin developing on CMS 5.1 (On our own 2003 servers), or this CTP Release. What are your thoughts on this?

The project is scheduled for release in september / november this year.

/Best regards

Edited, Jul 02, 2008 9:17
Vote:

The possibility to build configurable dynamic content blocks seems to be really useful!

However, I wasn't able to figure out what the Properties collection on the IDynamicContent interface is supposed to be used for. I noticed that adding properties to this collection made the properties appear when adding the DynamicContent, but I wasn't able to save the values into the DynamicContent state.

Instead, I created a UserControl that inherited from DynamicContentEditControl and set the state in the PrepareForSave method. Is this the preferred way to provide configuration possibilties to a DynamicContent control? Or will it be possible to use the PropertyDataCollection Properties instead and save these values to the DynamicContent controls state?

In edit mode, I wasn't able to modify the properties of a DynamicContent control I already added, so everytime I need to change something I need to remove the control and add it again. Perhaps it would be nice to have the option to change existing values when right-clicking on the control? 

Regards,
Christoffer

Jul 02, 2008 10:55
Vote:

@Per: Regarding license, with an Enterprise Dev license, it seems like I cannot install the CTP. Doesn't show up in the Manager list. Intentional?
Jul 03, 2008 0:32
Vote:

Björn: It will be possible to upgrade to the release following CTP1 that will be available sometime after the summer vacations. I'd recommend that you switch to IIS 7 as early as possible in the project because it is another beast, our new installer for Windows Server 2008 will probably also be available in beta form after the summer.

Christoffer: Both methods should work and you should be able to edit existing settings, I will forward your message to someone on that team that can get back with a more detailed answer for you (it may take a week or two due to the vacation period).

Henrik: Its a limitation right now for the enterprise dev license, you need a dev license to install and you can then switch to the enterprise dev license. We will be fixing it but its not a problem in the new installer coming out after the summer.

Edited, Jul 03, 2008 10:52
Vote:

Hello Christoffer!

The Properties collection on the IDynamicContent interface is called by the EPiServer Editor code to show the editable properties exposed by a Dynamic Content object. When a user creates/edites a Dynamic Content instance in Edit Mode and then saves the changes, the EPiServer code writes the new values back to the EPiServer.Core.Property instances stored in the collection. In this case, the State property should re-use the values in the Properties collection when reading/writing.

The example below demostrates how the State property uses the Properties collection:

If the version of CTP you're using has a set accessor for the Properties property then implement that as an empty shell as this is removed in later versions.

public class DemoDC : IDynamicContent

{

/// <summary>

/// Storage for our property

/// </summary>

private EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollection _props = new EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollection();

public DemoDC()

{

// Give our property a default value

_props.Add("ShowTime", new EPiServer.Core.PropertyBoolean(true));

}

/// <summary>

/// Convenience accessor for our only property

/// </summary>

public bool ShowTime

{

get

{

return ((EPiServer.Core.PropertyBoolean)_props["ShowTime"]).Boolean;

}

set

{

((EPiServer.Core.PropertyBoolean)_props["ShowTime"]).Boolean = value;

}

}

#region IDynamicContent Members

/// <summary>

/// Returns null. This class renders it's output with the Render method

/// </summary>

/// <param name="hostPage"></param>

/// <returns></returns>

public Control GetControl(EPiServer.PageBase hostPage)

{

return null;

}

/// <summary>

/// The public properties to show in Edit Mode

/// </summary>

public EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollection Properties

{

get

{

return _props;

}

}

/// <summary>

/// Show the Date and optionally the time

/// </summary>

/// <param name="hostPage"></param>

/// <returns></returns>

public string Render(EPiServer.PageBase hostPage)

{

if (ShowTime)

{

return DateTime.Now.ToString("F");

}

else

{

return DateTime.Now.ToString("D");

}

}

/// <summary>

/// Returns false. This class renders it's output with the Render method

/// </summary>

public bool RendersWithControl

{

get { return false; }

}

/// <summary>

/// The state to persist for this class

/// </summary>

public string State

{

get

{

return ShowTime.ToString();

}

set

{

ShowTime = Boolean.Parse(value);

}

}

#endregion

}

Edited, Jul 14, 2008 12:38
Vote:

I've installed the CTP R2 and wrote some code to check the Dynamic Content.

I've register the code in the we.Config.

I can not see the {} in the edit mode

What am i missing ?

Thanks

arik

Jul 31, 2008 13:56
Vote:

Arik - you need edit the XHTML property in admin mode and enable the 'Insert dynamic content' option.

Aug 04, 2008 10:31
Vote:

Oh.

Thanks

it's working now

arik

Aug 04, 2008 15:04
Vote:

I'm a bit curious if someone else have had problems opening the project file for the CTP after upgrading it to Visual Studio 2008.

Steps
1. Install the R2 CTP
2. Open the PublicTemplates project file in VS2008
3. Run the upgrade wizard
4. Open default.aspx in design mode

This seems to cause the environment to crash and it has happened on several computers as well as in a virtual environment (XP and Win2003). It doesn't seem to happen after installing the SP2 version.

Any input regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christoffer

Aug 08, 2008 15:50
Vote:

Hi!

This piece of code throws an Unauthorized Exception in CMS 5.1, 4.x, as expected (if the current credentials doesn't have access to the page of course).

PageData p = EPiServer.DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(new PageReference(162));

But it doesn't in this CTP release, is this a bugfix to match the new behaviour of GetChildren, which doesn't filter by access since CMS 5.x?

/Björn

Aug 12, 2008 11:15
Vote:

Hi,

Access checks have been removed from GetPage primarily to support the new PageProvider model, but also to make the DataFactory API more consistent. Check out the classes in the namespace EPiServer.Filters for doing custom filtering.

Aug 19, 2008 12:00
Vote:

Hi Björn!

This is a new/changed behavior for the EPiServer CMS 5 R2 release that was needed to implement custom page stores. We will document this further in the release notes and update the SDK when we get closer to the actual release.

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Aug 19, 2008 12:06
Vote:

Ok, thank you for the information, good to know Smile

/Björn

Aug 19, 2008 15:27
Vote:

Edited, Aug 20, 2008 14:04
Vote:

Christoffer, have you tried VS2008 SP1 ?
Aug 29, 2008 11:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.