Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Flash and EPiServer 5

Tom
Tom
Vote:

I’m responsible for updating our company’s web site. It is a pretty advanced Flash site from 2008 integrated with EpiServer 5. One company made the Flash site for us and another company integrated it with EpiServer 5. I’m only a web editor so I don’t have that much knowledge about the EPiServer or Actionscript/xml coding.

Now to the problem:
When I write the page name in the field ”Simple address for this page” and “save and publish” nothing happens, it’s still shows the long web address.

A dummy example:
www.example.com/index.html#/pagename

..but I would like it to be:
www.example.com/pagename

I have talked to the company who helped us with the setup of EPiServer and he says it can’t be solved by them because of the structure of the Flash file.

I believe him but I just want to confirm that could be the case. Of course it’s hard for you to tell since you haven’t seen the code behind it, but does anyone have any idea?

Nov 23, 2012 9:11
Vote:

I would say the same thing without looking into the code. But it seems to be a flash issue. This is not a problem if you work as you should with html and such but flash is not that good when you create web dynamicly and would like editors to change as much as possible.

Dec 11, 2012 12:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.