Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Approval sequences: Enable comments on ready for review

Vote:

My customer would like to enable/require comments from the editor that puts a page in ready for review.

In the case of my customer the changes send to review are often small updates to long technical texts.

And if the change to the page is a small update to a long text then it can be very difficult for the reviewer to see what the difference is.

If the editor could add a comment about the change then the job for the reviewer would be a lot easier. 

Mar 23, 2018 14:12
Vote:

Hi this add-on may help when spotting the difference betweeen two versions of content:

https://www.david-tec.com/2018/03/visual-compare-option-available-for-episerver-11/

Mar 23, 2018 14:48
Vote:

The feature that I think you're looking for was added in Episerver - update 158 CMS-5554: "Content Approvals: Comments required for Decline and Approve". Does that work for you?

Mar 23, 2018 15:30
Vote:

Hi Bob,

I have also submitted the same request as larswp (see https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Feature-requests/Thread-Container/2018/1/workflow---ability-to-submit-comments/?pageIndex=1#reply)

The solution you mention is for the approver to submit comments, not the editor unfortunately.

What we really need is for the editor who submitting the page to workflow to be able to submit comments which will be seen by anyone approving the page. Sometimes an editor is only making minor changes to a page, and the approver just needs to check over a small part of a longer page.

These comments are very much required, to assist the approver when checking the page.

It is prevening me from being able to upgrade at the moment.

Cheers

Nerissa

Edited, Mar 26, 2018 3:31
Vote:

Hi David

The add-on is nice. But the reviewers are doctors with very little knowledge of episerver, and little time. So i would still like a way for the editor to be able to submit comments.

Mar 26, 2018 8:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.