Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflow - ability to submit comments

Vote:

Hi,

When our editors submit a page for approval through workflow, they really need to be able to submit comments with the page that approvers can see. This helps the approver/s understand what changes have been made to the page and other important messages.

I understand that the latest version of Episerver has added comments, but still doesn't allow the editor to include comments when they submit a page for approval. Only the approver can send comments back to an editor.

Does anyone know when this is going to be included? It's pretty standard functionality I think in any workflow process.

From a user perspective, it prevents the approvers from having to review all aspects of a page and just focus on the bits that have changed.

Thanks

Nerissa

Jan 30, 2018 0:44
Vote:

Hi Narissa, editors can use the projects feature to add comments on content items before they are sent for review, see http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/cms-edit/working-with-projects.htm and http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/cms-edit/working-with-comments.htm 

Jan 30, 2018 8:01
Vote:

Thanks Asa,

Unfortunately the with the diversity of local government content and website structure, and the number of different and very structured workflow approvals, projects does not look to be the  solution we need. We have looked at this. We shouldn't really need to organise our content into projects.

We just want the ability for editors to have a space to submit workflow comments when they submit a page for approval. Our content isn't organised into projects.

Thanks anyway

Nerissa

Jan 30, 2018 22:45
Vote:

I agree with Nerissa that it shouldn't be necessary to use the Projects feature just to be able to add comments when sending a page for approval.

Moderator's note: This thread has been moved to the Feature Request forum.

Edited, Feb 02, 2018 9:06
Vote:

Thanks very much Arild. 

It would be great to see this feature added in an upgrade soon.

I really can't stress enough how much this simple functionality is preventing us from upgrading.

I can’t imagine operating without the ability for our editors to comment (to their approving manager and communications) when submitting a page for approval. Anyone operating with a lot of content or in a large government organisation will likely have similar issues.

Cheers

Nerissa

Feb 04, 2018 23:17
Vote:

Hi there,

How can I find out if and when this feature will be implemented?

We are really needing to upgrade, but the lack of this quite simple feature is preventing us from being able to do this. 

Thanks again

Nerissa

Mar 26, 2018 3:27
Vote:

I would very much like to have this feature as well.

Mar 26, 2018 8:06
Vote:

We are doing a round of improvements to the approval system soon, I have had a few other people ask for this feature as well, so we will include it in the next batch of changes unless there are significant complications.

Apr 04, 2018 11:19
Vote:

Hi Martin

That's great to hear. Thanks! We'll be able to easily upgrade once this feature is available.

Do you have some broad timelines on when this round of improvements is scheduled?

Thanks again

Nerissa

Apr 09, 2018 1:08
Vote:

Hi Nerissa,

This feature got bumped a few times, by other important changes, so nothing I can share yet. I will return when we start work on this.

May 22, 2018 12:16
Vote:

Hi Martin

We really need to upgrade within the next three months and cannot do so without this feature.

It really is an important feature for those of us with workflows.

I didn't realise it was so difficult to get such a small improvement done by Episerver.

Who can I speak with at Episerver to discuss this matter further.

Cheers

Nerissa

May 28, 2018 5:18
Vote:

Hi Narissa 

I'm interested to know about the content of the comments. Do you think a compare option like this would solve your problem? I would be happy to have a short chat with you if possible.  

Aug 31, 2018 10:51
Vote:

A small update here, we are releasing an improvement that I think will be relevant to this request. This adds a panel, which shows the sequence transitions and comments for a piece of content, and enable simple conversations in context of the content being reviewed. The plan is to re-visit the mechanics of comment on approve/deny/send for review as the next step.

Edited, Jan 04, 2019 12:15
Vote:

This feature is available in EPiServer.CMS.UI 11.14.0, currently on the Epi NuGet feed.

Jan 04, 2019 18:09
Vote:

Is there any out of the box functionality or Add-on in Episerver to have like and comment in pages? 

I'm just keen to know is it doable without further development.

Thanks in Advance

Jan 28, 2021 6:13
MartinOttosen - Jan 29, 2021 9:26
Hi Vahid,
You may find our social APIs useful (paid service):
Developer guide: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/community-api/
Trial: https://demo.social.episerver.net/
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.