Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Running Episerver on Amazon AWS

Vote:

Hi

We have been using Amazon AWS cloud computing for a number of developement projects.  We find it allows us to very quickly build environments to test infrastructures without the need for raising purchase requests with all the time and red tape this takes.  We have also used them as a temporary development machines when we have extra developers on the team.

The issue I see is that Amazon Servers always have a new IP address and MAC address when starting them up.  This obviously means the Epi installation is going to moan due to an invalid developer licence.  The amazon solution is great for us in that we can adapt quickly and bring servers temporaliy on line for a relalitvely low cost.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?  I have spoken to Amazon and as expected due to the nature of there systems they suggested I contacted epiServer

Thanks

Rob

Aug 02, 2010 12:32
Vote:

wow 2 years and not a single reply on this?

We have also explored the option of temporarily using AWS for anticipated heavy traffic. Has anyone have any information on this? I also spoke to Amazon and was told that MAC and IP addresses will change everytime an instance is reboot/power off.

Thanks,

Andres
Sep 24, 2012 18:30
Vote:

We are running some tests on this now using amazon VPC to persist an internal ip, and RDS for the database. It seems to be working fine so far.

Mar 20, 2013 0:14
Vote:

We do, at request, license ip ranges in EPiServer 7. So you could use a VPC together with a range license spin up/down machines at will.

Mar 20, 2013 9:12
Vote:

Is it possible to have such a license for Episerver Create? (CMS6 + Composer +  Imagevault)

Mar 20, 2013 16:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.