Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Wrong cms url when switching sites in edit mode

Vote:

Easy problem, but needs some explanation:

Scenario:

Multi site and load balanced Episerver 7.5 CMS

Working in CMS is limited to special CMS urls, which points to a specific server, pretty standard scenario.

In Epi there are multiple sites, so we want to swap between nodes in edit mode

But of course you will have to login to access another site, that is normal

Problem:

But, the url that shows up on login page, is the web front major url (like www.mysite.com)

I want the special CMS url to be default when jumping around in edit mode (cms.mysite.com)

How can I setup the "Manage websites" to accomplish this?

I must have the major domain as default site URL, otherwise full sites link will get the cms link....

Any clues?

Mar 31, 2015 15:46
Vote:

Are you somehow forcing urls to include the host? I believe the normal behavior is hostless urls which allows you to get the cms-url on the login page - if accessed through that url.

Mar 31, 2015 22:14
Vote:

Forcing urls in edit mode? How would I do that? 

In CMS 7.5 the multi site setup in edit mode is that each startpage has its own url/domain.

If we only had 1 server, this would work perfectly fine.

But since the dedicated CMS server has special urls per site, edit tree doesn't understand what CMS url the other sites have. It points to the public url.

Edited, Apr 01, 2015 9:03
Vote:

I think this exposes a loophole in the cms multisite concept...

Could I add this to the wishlist for future updates? To specify per webiste which url that is used by CMS?

/Fredrik

Apr 07, 2015 11:29
Vote:

I've heard the same from others, we are adding it to the backlog.

Apr 13, 2015 10:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.