Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Strange issue cause crash w3wp.exe

Vote:

Hi guys,

I have strange problem with episerver 8 that cause w3wp.exe crashed and I cannot debug site. I have investigate and I got this error where they cannot resolve url like [DomainName]/link/random-characters.any-ext (Example: http://[DomainName]/link/3f52eda76ffa447e8e72541669daeb08.png). With the image which one have the link like example, I have already looked it in Edit Mode/Media folder, it's still there, not missing.

Crashed w3wp

I also try to make directly path to not existed image like this one , it only show missing icon, and not cause w3wp.exe crashed.

Can anyone help me to solve this,

Thank in advances

Aug 28, 2015 8:50
Vote:

Where exactly Visual Studio leads you when you choose "Yes, debug w2wp.exe"?

What abou Windows Event Logs, EPiServer logs? You can also try to attach to w2w.exe thorugh windbg.exe but is really hardcore (you will need to find some docs on internet to get started with windbg). This guy will take you directly to source of the exception, you will be able to read at least name of the module that is causing the issue..

Sep 01, 2015 22:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.