Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Get anchor links from XhtmlString

Jon
Jon
Vote:

Hi,

Is there a recommended way to extract anchor tags from an XhtmlString. So for example, I have this body copy -

<h1>Page title</h1>
<h2><a id="sub-title-1"></a>Sub title 1</h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus rutrum ornare lectus id porttitor. Proin varius augue ipsum, nec tincidunt arcu efficitur in</p>
<h2><a id="sub-title-2"></a>Sub title 2</h2>
<p>Proin varius augue ipsum, nec tincidunt arcu efficitur in</p>
<p><a href="/episerver/CMS/Content/who,,141614/?epieditmode=False">Page link</a></p>

And I can get the anchor name doing something like this but wonder if there's a better way to do this?

@{
    string Pattern = @"(<a id="")(.*)("">)";
    Regex rgx = new Regex(Pattern);

foreach (Match match in rgx.Matches(Model.BodyCopy.ToHtmlString()))
    {
        <h1>
            @match.Groups[2].Value
        </h1>
    }
}

I notice that's it's possible to use .Fragments property on an XhtmlString but that only seems to give me a long continuous like so (split across two entries)

"<h1>Page title</h1>\n<h2><a id=\"sub-title-1\"></a>Sub title 1</h2>\n<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus rutrum ornare lectus id porttitor. Proin varius augue ipsum, nec tincidunt arcu efficitur in</p>\n<h2><a id=\"sub-title-2\"></a>Sub title 2</h2>\n<p>Proin varius augue ipsum, nec tincidunt arcu efficitur in</p>\n<p><a href=\""

And a UrlFragment.

Fairly new to Episerver and would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Dec 22, 2020 15:41
Vote:

Hi Jon,

There is no out-of-box function for this but I think you can follow this-

https://dotnetcodr.com/2014/12/05/finding-all-href-values-in-a-html-string-with-c-net/

Dec 23, 2020 6:48
Jon
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Ravindra.

Dec 23, 2020 10:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.