SaaS CMS has officially launched! Learn more now.

CMS login is not working

Vote:

Hello,

We recently upgraded CMS version 9.9.1 to 11.20.7 and we are not able to login CMS. We are using webforms. 

What we are trying is to hit localhost/util/login.aspx and enter username and password. We dont even get validation message if we enter invalid username and password combination. 

Any idea on how to proceed with such issue please 

May 13, 2024 8:17
Vote:

Hi Vishal,

Do you know if you are using SQL Membership or Asp.net Identity for authorisation/ authentication?

If you are using sql membership it might be worth migrating to asp.net identity as per this blog post:

https://world.optimizely.com/blogs/K-Khan-/Dates/2017/10/migrate-from-sql-membership-to-asp-net-identity/

Paul

May 13, 2024 9:53
Vote:

Hi,

I do not remember any breaking changes regarding authentication, but you could check the docs:

Also, I would recommend upgrading one major version at a time, and then check that everything works before you proceed to the next major version. Now, you do not know if the error occured upgrading from 9 to 10, or from 10 to 11.

You could (locally) change the location-element of web.config like this, to allow accessing admin mode without logging in. You can then check the users and access rights.

<location path="EPiServer/CMS/admin">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
        <allow users="*" />
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
May 13, 2024 9:59
Eric Herlitz - May 13, 2024 10:10
This is the way, I confused this with CMS 12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.