Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Content rssfeed

Vote:

Hi!

I'm testing episerver 5.2 and dynamic contents. I downloaded Christoffer's rss-example from http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/How-dynamic-content-can-be-used-to-create-a-more-flexible-web-site/ and followed the instructions. But when I go into editmode and try to add dynamic content and choose rss-feed in the dialog box, I get this error:

The user control "/nveUI/UI/DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx" could not be loaded.
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/nveUI/UI/DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx' does not exist. at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at EPiServer.UI.Editor.Dialogs.DynamicContent.CreateAdapterSettings(IDynamicContent dynamicContent)

The rssfeed class has this property:

[GuiPlugIn(UrlFromUi = "DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx", Area = PlugInArea.DynamicContent)]

I've tried using both ~/DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx, ../../DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx but the result is the same error "The user control "/nveUI/UI/~/DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx" could not be loaded." and "The user control "/nveUI/UI/../../DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx" could not be loaded."

Any suggestions?

Sep 25, 2008 15:12
Vote:

Try changing UrlFromUi= to Url="~/DynamicContent/RSSFeedSettings.ascx" and put the "DynamicContent"-folder in the root of your website.

Sep 25, 2008 15:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.