Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with intranet images and files ?

Vote:

EPiServer CMS 5.2.375.133 Intranet site

We use WindowsRoleProvider and all users become at Active Directory.

Page contains picture or link to file. When user entering the site everything work properly. But when user update browser, for example, press F5, user lost his read permission each file on page ?

There is no any permissions for Everyone group, all users are members of Users -group and Users -group has read permission to all pages. If we add Everyone -group and read permission for this group, everything work properly?

Is this some kind of impersonate problem ?

Set Access Rights -> Root (inherits all subpages)
     Administrators: Read, Create, Change, Delete, Publish, Administer
     Users: Read
     GG_WebAdmins: Read, Create, Change, Delete, Publish, Administer
     GG_WebEditors: Read, Create, Change, Delete, Publish

File Management -> Global Files ja Documents access rights
      Administrators: Read, Create, Change, Delete, Administer
      Users: Read
      GG_WebAdmins: Read, Create, Change, Delete, Administer
      GG_WebEditors: Read, Create, Change, Delete

Sep 28, 2009 10:27
Vote:

Does this happen every time on every computer/browser, or just sometimes, or just on a specific computer ?

Have you enabled cache expiration on the files ?

Does the problem go away when you hit CTRL-F5 ?

Sep 29, 2009 12:21
Vote:

Does this happen every time on every computer/browser, or just sometimes, or just on a specific computer ?

Everytime and we have another intrasite too (without demotemplates), there is same problem.

Have you enabled cache expiration on the files ?

Do you meen web.config file settings? PageFiles, Documents and Global setting are:
<system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
        <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="true" />
        <add path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" validate="true" />
      </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>
    <staticFile expirationTime="-1.0:0:0" /> 

Does the problem go away when you hit CTRL-F5 ?

Nope..

Sep 30, 2009 10:00
Vote:

Weird, I suggest that you use FireBug or Fiddler and look at the actual HTTP traffic when this problem happen.

Sep 30, 2009 10:13
Vote:

Yes i have been looking for this also in Fiddler. There is nothing strange, when user lost access to file or picture system rise loginscreen. Path to login.aspx is also lost, http error 404, weird ?

http://testintranet/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDocuments%2ftestidoc.doc 

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /login.aspx

I save couple of fiddler sessions to file, can i send you e-mail?

Sep 30, 2009 12:04
Vote:

Please post your <authentication>-element from web.config
Sep 30, 2009 13:51
Vote:

ops, there was error in web.config, comment closing tag was wrong place and close out login.aspx.

<authentication mode="Windows">
    <!-- <authentication mode="Forms"> -->
      <forms name=".EPiServerLogin" loginUrl="Util/login.aspx" timeout="120" />
 </authentication>

Problem still exits, now user got loginscreen, ofcourse.

Sep 30, 2009 14:25
Vote:

I'm out of ideas, if you think its an impersonation problem you should be able to spot that with FileMon on the server and look for access denied.

Oct 01, 2009 16:38
Vote:

we have the same problem in a intranet project

however: it works on two out of three servers. but on one the behaviour is just as you describe above!

I have tried reinstalling episerver and moved the config from the other servers but no success!

Oct 20, 2009 11:41
Vote:

Is it your intention to use Windows authentication?

Does a clean install with the public or demo-templates work with Windows authentication or do you get the same issue?

IIS6 or IIS7?

Oct 20, 2009 14:21
Vote:

We have windows authentication becouse its intranet, we use IIS6 and clean public and demo installs.

Oct 20, 2009 14:53
Vote:

Oct 20, 2009 16:24
Vote:

I found a way to make it work for us.

the solution was to sett the authentication in the metabase to "Negotiate,NTLM" - and now it works fine.

problem was most likely impersonation issues - i got the clue from the eventlog...

Oct 20, 2009 16:41
Vote:

We tried that and it's works!  Thank you all! Laughing 

Try following this FAQ when you set up windows authentication:

http://world.episerver.com/FAQ/Items/How-to-set-up-automatic-logon-with-windows-authentication/

Oct 21, 2009 14:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.