Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"Successfully published" pops up, but the blue Publish button is shown below too?

Vote:

Optimizely CMS claims to have finished publishing and yet the Publish button is still visible and active. If we publish again then we do see the expected message of 'No changes since last publish'.
So far it appears to actually publish all changes to the frontend at the first push of the publish button, but the user experience can't be ment to be this way right?
Any suggestions for debugging or solving this?

It's CMS v12.22.1

Thanks in advance and best regards

Oct 06, 2023 8:28
Vote:

Some questions:

Do you have any events attaching to the page during publishing?

Is the publish button still active if you reload the page?

Oct 06, 2023 9:08
Vote:

Thanks for the input Eric,
Yes there can be caching clearing on publishing events. I could dig into if any errors occurs there..
If I refresh the page, the publish button is not visible. 
BR

Oct 23, 2023 13:12
Vote:

Also, is this locally or in production? Is all clocks running true?

Oct 23, 2023 13:24
Vote:

This happens only in deployed environments, both test and production.
Not sure about the clocks, Will have to check up on that. Can you specify what I should look for?

Oct 23, 2023 13:45
Vote:

I'm being told we use NTP for clocks and the Optimizely DB time is UTC. Anything else I should check? 

Oct 23, 2023 14:20
Vote:

Nvm, I've had issues a while ago when the clock wasn't running true on the servers. If you use NTP you are probably fine otherwise all your servers are running wrong.

• Is this DXP or OnPrem?
  • Is content approval activated for the site somehow?
  • Are the properties you are editing implemented as Virtual properties?
  • Does the user you use have publish rights in those environments?
Edited, Oct 23, 2023 20:01
Vote:

Hi and thanks for continueing on this!

it is hosted OnPrem (in Azure)

Content approval is not activated anywhere.

I will have to investigate if the properties are virtual and if that differs from other items saved without.

The user has the publish rights. 

BR

Oct 26, 2023 8:47
Vote:

I dont know if this would help or if this is still an issue for you. You could test/verify this by putting in a potential temporary workaround, twhich is implementing a content event  https://world.optimizely.com/blogs/Daniel-Ovaska/Dates/2019/6/content-events-in-episerver/ which looks at the time of each publish and compares this to the NLT time which could then amended to be the correct time it needs to be (whether that is the NLT time or DXP UTC time)

It however sounds more like a server related issue with this being on a OnPrem instance. It could be worth discussing this with the team in charge of running the related on Prem server and with Optimizely support by raising a support ticket(can be done here - https://support.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to try pinpoint this/progress further 

Nov 20, 2023 23:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.