LanguageManager auto-translate issue

Vote:

Hi,

We have a custom language code "en-SE" setup on our site and it seems that when choosing "Auto-translate" it gives an error message in version 5.3.0.

In the previous version "4.0.3" this succeeds without issues.

My best guess is that "en-SE" is not supported by Microsoft translator but I haven't confirmed this.

So I have three questions:

1. Is this the right forum to post a but report for EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager?
  2. Since the implementation of CognitiveTranslator is internal we have no options to modify this - could this be made public or should we await a bug fix?
  3. The error message states: "Error occurs while translating content, please check the logs for more details." but there are nothing in the logs?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 23, 2024 8:35
Vote:

I'm not sure what causes the issue, but you could implement your own Translator Provider for use with LanguageManager.

Have a look at this blog post. It has links to both an addon for LanguageManager that uses OpenAI, and even the source code, so you could implement your Translator Provider.

https://www.gulla.net/en/blog/auto-translate-with-openai-gpt-4o-in-optimizely-cms/

Sep 23, 2024 22:00
Vote:

Yeah, I'm aware I could write my own provider and attempt to fix the issue myself but I'm thinking this is a bug within the addon that should be addressed?

If this is not the case I'll have no option but to copy the default provider and write my own workaround but this usually adds on technical debt down the road.

Thanks for the suggestion however Tomas!

Sep 25, 2024 11:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.