Foundation NuGet package upgrade then error

Vote:

Hi, I upgraded my Foundation project to the latest stable NuGet packages, and now when I run the program is crashes on 

CreateHostBuilder(args, isDevelopment).Build().Run();

with the error "ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: SearchAdmins".

I cannot find a reason for this - does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Chris

Update 1: I found that if I commented out this:             //services.AddFind(); in Startup.cs I do not get the error.
This is a multi-site setup so maybe that has something to do with the code trying to add "SearchAdmins" twice.
Yet you would think the underlying code would be handling duplicates.
I See the last line is at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
which by the name "TryInsert" I would think it would be graceful enough to not crash on this.
Since I got the site(s) running, I was looking around for a user or group named "SearchAdmins" but cannot find one.

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: SearchAdmins
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceCollectionExtensions.<>c.<AddFind>b__0_5(MappedRolesOptions o)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.ConfigureNamedOptions`1.Configure(String name, TOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory`1.Create(String name)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.UnnamedOptionsManager`1.get_Value()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteVisitor`2.VisitCallSiteMain(ServiceCallSite callSite, TArgument argument)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitRootCache(ServiceCallSite callSite, RuntimeResolverContext context)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteVisitor`2.VisitCallSite(ServiceCallSite callSite, TArgument argument)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.Resolve(ServiceCallSite callSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProvider.CreateServiceAccessor(Type serviceType)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProvider.GetService(Type serviceType, ServiceProviderEngineScope serviceProviderEngineScope)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProvider.GetService(Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
   at EPiServer.Framework.FrameworkInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
   at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
   at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
   at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

Edited, Sep 11, 2024 19:41
Vote:

I will look into this and log a bug to Find team if needed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention 

Sep 12, 2024 7:41
Vote:

It seems our colleagues were already aware of this issue. The cause was AddContentSearchApi() already called AddFind(), so you can remove AddFind() and it should be fine for the time being

Sep 12, 2024 10:36
Vote:

Thank you!

Chris

Sep 12, 2024 19:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.