Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Forms: Forms tab not showing

Vote:

Since the first install of EPiServer Forms I have that issue where the "Forms" tab in the right pane is missing. An update to the latest version 1.1.4.9000 did not make any difference.

When adding the EPiServer.Froms nuget to a vanilla Alloy site the tab shows correctly.

Chrome, Firefox and Safari behave the same, the console does not show any error.

I have done a comparison of loaded js-files in edit-mode and found that at least the following files are not being loaded in our environment:

- Forms.js

- FormsViewModel.js

Also the "EPiServer Forms" folder is shown under the "Blocks" tab instead. To create a form I need to create a new block and then choose "Form Container".

Any idea why this is happening?

Mar 16, 2016 11:58
Vote:

Could you test with "Resetting views"?

/EPiServer/CMS/edit/mysettings.aspx, go to the tab "Display options" and click the "Reset views" button.

Mar 16, 2016 22:25
Vote:

<p>Thanks Alf!</p> <p>This did the trick. Didn't know of this function. Now I do ;)</p> <p></p>
Mar 17, 2016 12:01
Vote:

I've seen more issues lately with the asset panel loosing its tabs. Haven't looked further into the cause though

Mar 17, 2016 12:35
Vote:

I had this same issue after a fresh install of the package. This fix worked (thanks), although you do have to go through and re-customise all the windows.

I also had a problem where it couldn't find the views for the blocks.

The partial view 'FormContainerBlock' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations.

Had to create a new View folder and point the Forms.config value to it: formElementViewsFolder="~/Views/Shared/Blocks/Forms"

May 24, 2016 13:24
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.