Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Actor - non CMS users to be able to access uploaded link

Vote:

I'm working out on a mutiple options to tweak the uploaded file logic for users from marketing team (non-cms) to be able to access it without providing them CMS access.

To access the form uploaded link from email, users either need CMS to access the uploaded file. the file is being accessed from contentassets/xyz/uploadedfiles/abc.jpg (for instance) which is form behaviour. As there are many users in marketing team, so we don't want to give them CMS access just for this to access the uploaded file. Is there a way to whitelist our IP's for contentassets folder ? so our users can only access it.

otherwise I'll need a custom solution that allows the uploaded link being accessed from globalassets, public users are also able to access it which isn't a preferred solution, we don't want to expose the uploaded link to public users. so i tried to whitelist our IP address for users to be able to access it only by us. but that doesn't worked for me. 

I tried another custom solution to send uploaded link as email attachments instead, the code i use from other forum seems to be an issue in this link (model is coming as null value) https://www.vegaitsourcing.co.uk/media-center/blog/how-to-send-an-email-with-attachments-using-episerver-forms
any quick help on this would really save me. much appreciated if you could help me on this.

I'm using Epi forms version 4.25.1.0

Epi DXC version 11.8.1.0

Regards,

Suresh

Nov 20, 2019 10:19
Vote:

If you are using the DXC environment the the following post could help you to white list ip address

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2019/7/restrict-non-production-access-to-range-of-ip-addresses-in-dxc/

The link posted by Stefan have all the details about the configuration.

Nov 20, 2019 15:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.