Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Personalization scoping question

Vote:

Hi everyone

I am currently scoping Personalization features for one of our clients.

User story:

We have a customer site (based on EpiServer, let’s call it site) and separate shop web application (not in EpiServer, let’s call it shop). Customer would like to add personalization based on his client’s interaction with shop. So, we display personalized products on site. Second part is to display personalized content based on client interaction with site.

During scoping problem and reading documentation some question has appear 😊

1. Do personalization features require Profile Store and Tracking to work?
  2. There is a tracking Api for Profile Store and for Personalization, should we use Tracking Api when user is on site, and Personalization Api when user is browsing shop?
  3. If we use Tracking API and Personalization API will both be available in Visitor Intelligence?

In general, do You have any recommendation how we should approach this solution?

My vision is something like this:

When client is browsing site, we should use Tracking to store his integration with site, and when customer access shop we use Personalization API to track his integrations with shop.

Sorry for long post, but I am trying to get a perspective on this matter.

Sep 02, 2020 9:05
Vote:

Hi Marcin,

You may have already implemented your changes by now, but wondering what approach you decided to take? All the tracking on the shop side could be done via JavaScript. I believe the Personalisation API utilises the Tracking API behind the scenes, which sends the tracking request to the appropriate endpoints; however if you do this in JavaScript you may have to do several calls to make sure both Profile store and Personalisation receive the tracking data.  You would also have needed to create a product feed from the shop to Episerver Personalisation.

Oct 28, 2020 17:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.