Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Make Categories localizable

Vote:

My question is how to make this categories localizable? So when I add category "Banana" I can edit the DisplayName (Description or whatever) for all languages. 
It don’t have to be categories, I can populate it with PropertyCheckBoxList, but the localization for all languages is important here.

Thanks in advance!
Krzysztof

Sep 03, 2013 12:23
Vote:

I was not clear enough. By localizable I want the Editor to be able to edit them. Not with the language files.

Sep 03, 2013 12:26
Vote:

Punch the question up!

Don't you have any guess how to achive that? It's rather out of the box in our customers previous CMS.

It don't have to be a category. It can be something custom that will display depending on a language selected. Are we waiting for somebody to write an property (plugin) like that?

Oct 11, 2013 10:52
Vote:

Hi Krzysztof!

There is no support to localize any entities defined in the administrative interface so this needs to be done through the localization files. I know that there are plug-ins that makes it possible to edit the content of the language files inside of the administrative interface so perhaps this is an option for the customer?

Oct 11, 2013 13:31
Vote:

@Linus

Thanks, can you maybe point me to any plugin?

Oct 11, 2013 13:36
Vote:

Oct 11, 2013 13:41
Vote:

I just happen to have implemented this plugin today,.. took me 1 hour.

I put the LanguageFileEditor folder under <root>/Edit/Plugins.

Then i made sure all usages of LanguageManager.Instance.Directory are replaced (used for getting the folder where multilanguage files are, but is now obsolete). I changed it to something like this: string.Concat(HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppPath, "lang")

As last you need to check if all paths are set correctly. This is sometimes a bit tricky, what i did was check network in my browser for what files it tries to GET/POST and fix accordingly.

Good luck!

Edited, Oct 11, 2013 14:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.