Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 6 RC -> CMS 6 upgrade

Vote:

I have tried uppgrading form CMS 6 RC to the release version of CMS 6 but it fails with an exception.

It is only a public template site that I have om my Win7 machine. I have RC1 and the release version of epi installed. It is probably something I am doing wrong but would be nice with a pointer.

Error - EPiServerFramework installation directory was not found

An unhandled error has occured:
EPiServerFramework installation directory was not found
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Upgrade\System Scripts\Upgrade Site (SqlServer).ps1:148 char:7

+ throw <<<< (New-Object ApplicationException("EPiServerFramework installation

directory was not found"))

=

Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

Error - System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: EPiServerFramework installation directory was not found ---> System.ApplicationException: EPiServerFramework installation directory was not found

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.FlowControlNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.ParseTreeNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

Mar 23, 2010 16:25
Vote:

Hi Johan,

Did you run setup.exe to install the release ? Because if you ran EPiServerCMS.msi you won't have the latest framework installed (EPiServer.Framework.msi + EPiServerShared.msi).

Mar 23, 2010 16:55
Vote:

I had this issue too. Basically a reboot fixed it.

See this thread http://world.episerver.com/Templates/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=37894&pageIndex=1#reply

Mar 23, 2010 17:49
Vote:

I ran the setup.exe and clicked the "Application files" button so no I did not only run the msi.
A reboot did not help me. 

But when running the setup again (making sure not from the zip filder since I don't remember if I extracted it the first run) and then running the repair tool in the setup it worked fine.

Mar 24, 2010 10:13
Vote:

Ok, great, I confirmed that if you run the setup.exe from within the zip-file without extracting the files first you will not get a correct installation of EPiServer.Framework (hence not a valid installation of CMS). Seems like a few people was bitten by this.

Mar 24, 2010 11:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.