Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

On-page-moderation?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to give a group rights to delete/alter content in the community, but only when I add the users to the "Administrators" group the options "delete" etc. shows on the pages. This is not a acceptable way to give moderators rights.

How do I set this up? I want to create a group called "Moderators" and give it these rights without putting it into the Administrators group.

Thanks!

//Micke

Feb 03, 2010 15:26
Vote:

You can set the access rights in admin mode (Read, Created, Change, Delete, Publish, Administer). Create the group Moderators, and give them the proper access rights for the pages you wish.

Edited, Feb 03, 2010 20:16
Vote:

Note that Publish access is required to do on-page-editing.

Feb 04, 2010 9:09
Vote:

Thanks for your answers!

Sorry to say, this is not what I ment. By doing this I get the "Edit"-option in the menu that appears by right clicking in the page. What I want the moderators to be able to do is deleting and changing the content in the community. Not editing the content in the site.

When I enter the Community management mode byt typing siteutl/EPiServerCommunity I can as an administrator grant users/groups rights in the community. When a users is member of the "Administrators" group in the community he gets buttons when browsing the the community where he can delete posts and more.

I want to create a "Moderator" group in the community with these rights and add my moderators into this group. Then the moderators can moderate the community outside the edit/admin-mode.

Any more ideas?

Feb 04, 2010 16:44
Vote:

Hi Michael,

Have a look at the methods called IsAdminOrOwner in EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls.Base.UserControlBase and EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.Pages.Base.PageBase. If they return true you will get the on page moderating.

//Tom

Feb 09, 2010 7:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.