Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Docs with pull requests

Vote:

The documentation is lacking or unclear in some topics, it would be nice if it was easy for developers to contrubute easier. There is alot of examples of documentation sites that have been enriched by the users by providing an easy way to write and create pull request.

Althoug it would be a big investment from episervers side, i believe in the long run it would create a much better way for developers both to discover, communicate and contribute to episerver.

Sep 14, 2018 15:52
Vote:

The Episerver documentation team is continually writing and improving the documentation online. The Product Development process includes tasks to ensure that documentation is created for every piece of functionality, but as you can appreciate - when documenting an enterprise and fluid platform such as Episerver some areas may require re-visiting.

Please do let us know any areas that are lacking and we will certainly respond.

Also, if you have suggestions or even new documentation that you have written yourself, then please let us know so that we can review and potentially include it. 

Sep 17, 2018 8:23
Vote:

Hi Marcus

I did see a version your answer in the footer of the current documentation. But after having solved my problem by stiching together a solution from multiple sources, i have no need to write an email. I am sure otter devs will, but i would prefer to do the work of writing a pull request or open an issue. I tried conveying this point with my post that we have some excelent examples of projects that open up their docs to the community, do it with great success.

I do understand that it is a great effort to do a rewrite and it is your prerogative to make that decision, i just wanted to give the feedback to you.

Sep 17, 2018 9:04
Vote:

I'm just echoing what Marcus said - we appreciate feedback and if you found something which is incorrect/missing from a documentation, please add a comment to it. We are actually quite fast in responding and addressing those comment. 

And if you figure out something yourself, it might be worth sharing your accomplishment in a blog post. That way it will be helpful to others come after you!

Cheers.

Sep 17, 2018 9:56
Vote:

I use the feedback tab to the right when I have suggestions to documentation (and write a blog post about the problem + solution). 

Sep 17, 2018 11:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.