EPiServer - update 85
Updated EPiServer Visual Studio extensions with an option to install Find from the installation dialog, the EPiServer Self-Optimization block updated for CMS 9-compatibility, and bug fixes for Find and CMS.
The update applies to EPiServer projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. You can install the update from the EPiServer NuGet feed. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. EPiServer supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date.
NOTE: In some upgrade scenarios, you might experience issues with the dependency chains due to issues with NuGet. This mostly affects Commerce and Find, but also might occur when updating CMS. The workaround is usually to update the packages one-by-one. The issue was fixed in NuGet 188.8.131.52 but requires Visual Studio 2015. See Issues with NuGet package updates.
Click a package in the list below to see work item details. See Release notes for the latest changes. See Installing EPiServer updates to install EPiServer updates. See New features in EPiServer for new functionality for end users and developers.
Updated main packages
EPiServer CMS Core
New release of the EPiServer Visual Studio extensions, with CMS 9-compatible templates and possibility to install EPiServer Find as default search. See Visual Studio CMS extensions.
#Find-190: The CMS installation dialog box provides an option to install Find.
- EPiServer Self-optimizing block 2.2.0
EPiServer Self-optimizing block updated to be compatible with EPiServer CMS 9.
- Update 83 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 9.
- Update 81 included breaking changes for CMS and Find; see Breaking changes CMS 9 and Breaking changes Find 10.
- From update 66, EPiServer Commerce only features that are Azure Database compliant are available by default; non-compliant features have to be manually configured.
- Update 55 included breaking changes for Breaking changes CMS 8 and Breaking changes Find 9.
- From update 40, workflows are disabled by default to simplify Azure deployment. See Activating workflows for information about enabling them.
- Update 36 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 8.
- From update 35, .NET Framework 4.5 is required; see System requirements and Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.
- From update 6, EPiServer UI components (CMS and Commerce after version 7.6.0) were converted to NuGet packages. Location of packages have changed and might affect the installation if you are going from the first to the latest update; see Changes to package locations.
- Installing EPiServer updates – adding the NuGet feed and installing EPiServer updates to existing solutions.
- About the EPiServer continuous release process – deployment options with the EPiServer continuous releases.
- Releasing beta features – about beta releases and how to enable them.
Last updated: Oct 19, 2015