Introducing a new SPA template site: MusicFestival
To demonstrate some concepts that are useful when creating a SPA with working OPE, we have released a new SPA template site on Github, called MusicFestival, together with a series of blog posts that will be available in the coming days (a complete list is at the bottom).
You might have seen the site at recent Episerver Ascend events. It was built as a showcase demo for the new Episerver Content Delivery API, and has since then been modified to a smaller Single-Page Application (SPA) site that is intended to show how to work with On-Page Editing (OPE). It also uses the Content Delivery API with some customizations for friendly URLs and flatter JSON results. The site also uses CMS UI 11.11.0 which introduces some improvements and bugfixes for SPA scenarios.
The default installation contains some example bands generated by a random band name generator, so it’s possible to demo straight away.
We will dig deeper in other blog posts, but you can already enjoy it on Github
We are not expert Vue.js developers, so there are probably improvements you can contribute.
- Routing in a SPA with a working On-Page Editing experience (CMS UI 11.11.0)
- Tips and tricks for a great On-Page Editing experience in SPAs and other client side rendered sites
- Represent the concept of "pages" and "blocks" with matching client side components in a SPA
Other blog posts
- Using Vuex in the MusicFestival template site
- One OPE attribute to rule them all: data-epi-edit (CMS UI 11.16.0)